There is much more importance in our lives than “STUFF”, our relationships, and commitments to ALL should be of much importance.
“Exhortation to brotherly love.”
13. Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren, He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16. Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17. But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18. My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23. And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
~1 John 3:13-24~ KJV
As we move toward the beginning of the new year of 2012 I weep in what I see around us daily. Those who know me personally, know how much emphasis I place on U.S. missions. Why could there be more than an estimated 6.2 million Americans who don’t know our Lord and Savior; Jesus Christ?
Recent news of the actions of a group of youth, know in the social media world as a “flash”, breaking out in fighting and rioting at the Mall of America, and the innocent people injured by flying fist, and chairs by total strangers without any knowledge they would face such cowardly acts as they were going to the mall to exchange or return CHRISTmas gifts to stores. It sure didn’t take long for the Spirit of Brotherly Love to move on out, and greed, and hatred to move back in, or did it even leave for a day, “The Most Holy Day”? I don’t think so at all.
The scriptures I have shared today for your own personal study are not difficult to understand, the Lord makes His wishes very clear to all…LOVE, above all things. I double spaced between each verse so as it is more clear to see in each verse how simple His commandment here in 1st John is.
I do see one thing that has made itself clear, that being if you are near the Mall of America there is a massive mission ground there that needs attention TODAY! Take up your cross my brethren, picking up also the Full Amour of God (prepare yourselves in scripture). As there are many there today, store employees, to maintenance workers, to security guards, to patrons who are this moment seeking understanding for these self-centered, childish, and criminal acts that have scared many for life. The Lord has given us the tools, He has also given us “fee will”, what we do with these opportunities is up to us, or what we fail to do, well, that will be decided on the day of judgement. This we can rest assure of!
We don’t all live in that area of the country, but we sure can not use that as an excuse for a battle ground for the Lord? All we have to do is step out our front door anywhere in America; as that 6.2 million lost souls are many, and cover much ground all around our country.
I have found that over the last few years finding someone to witness to is not hard at all, it seems to me that more and more people are in search of “A” path, and presents us with a great opportunity to obey our Lord and Savior by way of the Great Commission. The scriptures flow with two of Gods greatest commandments that bring much glory to the Lord, those being we are to “LOVE one another, and we are to BEAR WITTNESS unto ALL. I leave you with five more scriptures pertaining to witnessing, I pray that the Lord will bring conviction unto all your hearts today, and that your goal for 2012 above all things will be to server the Lord, our Redeemer; wherever you may go, and in so doing know that HE is with you always, even unto the ends of the earth, so sayeth the Lord thy God.
“Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for have much people in this city.”
“And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.”
“These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
A. T. Smith